Saturday 6 April 2013

Week 30

30 weeks! Wow, time flies when you're having fun!

This has been my hardest entry to do yet. I find it difficult telling you about my Gilenya 'journey' when I rarely have anything new to report. That's probably why I've been going off in tangents speaking about other stuff recently.

So, Gilenya: I think it's working. I'm sure it is? My fatigue has improved greatly, as has my visits to the toilet. I use it less to wee, and more out of the other end. I empty my bowels more or less every day. They haven't been this regular since before I got diagnosed with this illness.

Although my fatigue is still minimal. I have been wondering if (or when) it is going to start to rear its ugly head again. That does sound somewhat pessimistic, but when I started taking Tysabri, I noticed improvements within a few months, but within six, they had subsided and symptoms had returned to their pre-drug levels. Therefore I feel my pessimism is more of a realism. Long may it prove me wrong. I will keep you all updated on my fatigue situation.

I do still get a couple of hours here and there where fatigue stops me from doing anything. But we're talking once a week, and it certainly doesn't reach the level of where I have to go to bed and sleep. I just mong out in front of the telly for a bit and don't move. Hang on, I do a bit of that anyway, so what's the difference?

I managed to get through March having 5 falls. That ain't bad. One of the falls was after I had been put in a situation where I had walked further than my legs would normally allow and they gave up on me. Just as I reached the car too! Two were drunken trips and the remaining two were sober trips. I'm fall free so far in April. Yeah, yeah, it's only the 5th, but, so what? Let me congratulate myself here. I probably shouldn't gloat though, because using the law of averages, I am due one any day now...

Have a fantastic weekend, all

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment