Friday 16 August 2013

Week 49

I moaned about my eyesight the other week as my vision was giving me a bit of jip (trouble). I didn't think it was optic neuritis and the Twitter community largely agreed with me. 

Anyway, my initial beliefs that it was what my MS nurse refers to as a heat related 'Pseudo relapse' seem to be the case. What's a pseudo relapse, you could well be asking? They call it that because this 'glorious' weather we have been 'enjoying' in the southern parts of the British Isles can cause some MSers to believe they are having a relapse because they are enduring a worsening of symptoms brought on by the humidity. 

Getting back on topic, my eyesight has got better since I last moaned about it as the humid and sticky weather has passed. Fortunately, summer doesn't last very long in this country. 

I didn't drive the car for over 2 weeks because I didn't consider myself safe, but I got behind the wheel yesterday. It felt great. I know that my eyes will eventually prevent me from driving, but not just yet. 

I have got an appointment to see an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) coming up. Although I don't believe I need it now, I'll still keep it. It doesn't do any harm to keep an eye on them (Ha! irony) as we all now know that Gilenya can cause a swelling of the macula (a spot in the middle of retina of the eye) leaving your vision in a similar condition of someone with optic neuritis. 

The weather hasn't had an effect on either my bladder or my bowels, so the Gilenya is doing its job with those two symptoms. And  my levels of fatigue are still pretty low *does smiley face* 

Well that's about me done for another week. Not much to say about Gilenya, I'm afraid, but it's continuing to what it has been doing, so I'll take that. 

Roll on Autumn. 

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment