Friday 15 February 2013

Week 23

Last week, I bored you to the brink of death because I was going on about my driving. Well I'm going to bore you on the subject for a few more minutes.

I get my cars on the Motability scheme. Instead of getting Disability Living Allowance money for mobility, I get a new car every 3 years on a lease hire contract. Because my mobility car was written off, the 3 year contract I was halfway through got terminated and you go through the process of picking a car from scratch.

Since the accident, I've been driving around in a hire car that Motability arranged for me. I believe I have this car until I take delivery of my new car sometime next month. I found out the other week that as I am not officially in possession of a Motability car, I am entitled to the DLA money too! Fantastic, eh? You just take your time adapting the new car Peugeot. No rush.

At the time of writing, I've only had one fall in February. We're almost halfway through, so I'm patting myself on the back here. You're probably thinking I'm tempting fate here, and I suppose I am, but I don't believe in fate and should I hit the deck before I post this blog, I won't think it was fate biting me on the arse. It would've happened regardless of if I had written this paragraph, or not. (Fingers crossed)

You want to know about Gilenya, right? Okay then, I've already said how my bowels have improved so much of late *insert your choice of shit joke here* (pun intended). I empty my bowels pretty much every day now, which also has benefits because you don't have all those toxins festering inside your body for a week, 10 days, or however long it takes for the ol' bowels to move. I am convinced this improvement IS because of the Gilenya. It's my body after all.

Also my bladder is still tip top. The other day, I needed to wee twice in one day! Yeah, I know only 2 times. I spent a couple of hours in a car and I didn't take in any fluid, but I more than made up for it in the evening with Vodka and red bull. Yes, caffeine AND alcohol in the same glass! 2 elements that would normally have me running (if only!) to the toilet the second either entered my bladder.

I do apologise about the odd profanity sneaking into this blog, but I can't help it, it's the MS!

Be well, people.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment