Friday 22 February 2013

Week 24

Before I start this week's blog, I need to warn you that I am listening to the Dead Kennedys, so I might end up trying to overthrow the government or something whilst I am writing.

Last week I tempted fate about my lack of falls and guess what? Yep, I fell over. I was drunk though, and as much as I don't want it to count, I'm going to include it. That's twice I've hit the deck this month which is good going for me, with only a week to go.

I'm not going to declare that I'll get to March without another stack though, because my legs are really bad at present. I caught a sickness bug. This alone is nothing to be concerned about, but any virus I get seems to exacerbate (did I spell that right?) my MS, and my legs in particular. I was completely paralysed from the waist down and I had to spend a night in hospital with some lovely nurses. You've got to take the positives out of any situation. My glass is half full, you know. Well until my wife reads this and empties the half full glass over my head!

I'll be fine in a day or two. The virus is out of my system now, so my symptoms will be back to a more manageable level in no time. They better had anyway, I'm going to watch West Ham play Spurs on Monday. I don't care how bad my legs are - I am there.

I'm thinking about renaming my blog Pills, Thrills and NO Bellyaches as I haven't had a single side effect in the whole time I've been on it, which is almost 6 months. If I change it, I won't have to worry about a potential plagiarism lawsuit from the Happy Mondays lawyers. That's where I nicked the name from after all.

My Gilenya turned up last week, but I didn't ask the driver Dave W what the W stood for like I said I was going to a few months ago - because I forget! Don't tut at me, I can't help it Don't blame me, blame my lesions. I have got MS, you know.

All jokes aside, I do feel like my cognition has improved a bit of late. That could be the lack of fatigue coming into play again. I don't know, but that would make sense, the less fatigue, the less the cog-fog.

Fatigue might be invisible to those on the outside without MS, but on the inside, it's a cruel symptom that hampers us in so many different ways. I wouldn't wish MS on my worst enemy. What am I saying? Of course I would. ;-)

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment