Friday 10 May 2013

Week 35

Well we've hit May and the weather has finally turned. I'm not great in the heat. Every year I hope it doesn't play havoc with my symptoms and every year it does. It's not the heat that does me, it's more the humidity. It affects my legs the worst. I've fallen over twice already in May. Once was self inflicted (hic) and the other was a balance issue. Both times I bashed my head and I did suffer a lot of pain. No permanent damage though. 

Speaking of falls, I got through the entire month of April with just one fall - and that was in the very last day in the month. I've said before that this is more than likely the exercises I do, rather than the Gilenya. 

That fall along with the two others I've had at the start of this month means I've had three in a week. That's a bit of a worry. Despite the leg strengthening and core stability exercises I do, I haven't been so stable on my feet. I don't know if it has anything to do with the change in the weather, or not, but I'll monitor it. Maybe I should cut down on the booze a bit too!

I've had a couple of occasions where I've had fatigue this week, but I can live with that. Compared to pretty much constant, it's a massive improvement, and one that is a most welcome relief.

As I write this (Thursday), I have fatigue. I felt fine this morning and I went to the pub for lunch with my uncle. I had burger, chips and a pint of Guinness. I got back about 4 o'clock and out of nowhere - guess what? Yep, the fog was there. That dark misty sensation that lets you know that every muscle in your body is exhausted and every movement, no matter how minor, will be extremely laboured. There's nothing you can do about it, so you just go with it. I'm just laying on the bed now and listening to music as I type this. It's the Yeah,Yeah,Yeahs new album - Mosquito. Nice chilled out music. 

I won't crash out. I did for about half an hour, or so when I first got back, but on these rare occasions that I get fatigued, I can honestly say that the fatigue isn't as deep. You know what I mean when I say 'deep'. I credit Gilenya with that. Long gone are the days where I would sleep for two or three hours after lunch every day. It's so nice to have finally found a drug that is beneficial for me. 

It may sound strange me saying that despite this black wall in front of me, but I expect to be fine in an hour or two. I might even do some leg strengthening exercises later. Then again, I might not. 

Hyperbarick oxygen tomorrow. 

Happy weekend, people. 

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment