Friday 31 May 2013

Week 38

I did something the other day that I haven't done for well over thirty years: I fell out of bed! Serious. It was time to get up anyway, so no big deal. I don't want to include it on my tally of falls in May, but I suppose hitting the deck is a fall, so I have to include it Hang on, no I don't. My blog, my rules (stop calling me a fascist!). I was asleep, it had nothing to do with MS and I didn't hurt myself. Therefore it's off the list! 

I did, however, manage to unintentionally go to ground on two occasions in May, neither of which were under the influence of alcohol, but that still ain't bad. They were at the beginning of the month too, so I'm doing okay despite this warm weather making my legs somehow manage to resemble jelly and lead at the same time. 

I am attempting to shit on fate once again because as I am writing this blog, it's still May. The date is  Tuesday 28th. It's half past three and I'm already drinking Vodka.

The Gilenya is a case of 'Same old, same old...' That's not a bad thing. It means I am stable(ish), and I'll take that for now. The 'ish' bit is included because my legs are rubbish at the moment and my extremities are numb. That is nothing to do with the meds, it is due to the glorious weather we're enjoying at the moment in the UK! Okay, we've had a couple of days in the late teens; I think the temperature even hit 20 degrees one day last weekend in sunny old 
Southend-on-Sea. 

I find myself getting more sensitive to the heat as each year passes which is a bummer.  I am presently house hunting in Finland. I wonder if the NHS deliver my tablets to Helsinki?

I could move to Scotland, it's always cold there. Well  if the weather forecast is anything to be believed. The only problem with Scotland is that they have the highest (or is it lowest?) ratio of people to MS in the world. It's about 1 case of MS per 400 people there, whereas on this side of Hadrian's wall, it's about 1 in 600 odd. That would be just my bloody luck to get it twice!

Guess who fell over yesterday (29th)? Yep me. 3 falls in May - provided I don't fall over tomorrow. 

Have a good weekend. 

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment