Friday 30 May 2014

Week 90

said a while back that I would no longer publish a weekly blog for the sake of it, or because it's a Friday, or whatever other reason. I haven't written recently because of just that. 

When I first started taking Gilenya - nearly two years ago - it had only just had its licence renewed after it had been withdrawn because a patient died after taking a single dose. 

My consultant told me I would be one of the first people to be given the treatment since its re-issue. I knew that there were people out there that were curious about Gilenya, so I decided to record any improvements or side effects I got whilst on the medication. 

At first, I had so much to talk about, so writing a weekly blog was not a problem. However, now we are at the...er...now. There hasn't been any real noticeable changes for a long time, thus leaving me with nothing to report - not even in the month since I last wrote. 

That means I'm closing this blog down. Its usefulness has run its path and it is time to call it a day.  I have enjoyed the 'ride' and I hope it has given you an insight into what it is like to be on the medication.  Maybe it's helped you make a decision on whether to go on it, or not. For me, it's a no brainer. I take 16 tablets and vitamins per day. 17 now, including Gilenya. I haven't had a relapse in the 20 months I've been on it and I haven't endured a single side effect in that time either. Not bad, eh?

Should anything worth writing about occur, I'll be in touch. 

Enjoy your fingolimod,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment