Friday, 11 April 2014

Week 83

had to get up at half past five the other morning. I can't remember the last time I got up that early. I think it was when I worked in London. I used to start at 7 o'clock  and the hour journey meant that my alarm would start going off just before five. I always needed to hit the snooze button for half an hour before I could drag myself out from my slumber. 

As this was going to be a very long day, starting with a two to three hour car journey through the London rush hour traffic - as a passenger, I have stopped driving now - I knew this would be a big test on my fatigue. 

Well it all went quite well (understatement). I got up with absolute ease. Just a couple of snooze button pressing - I know that sentence is grammatically incorrect, but I don't know how to make it right, so it's staying as it is, I'm afraid. Ha! I should've said 'presses', not 'pressing'! I'm not going to correct it though. With this blog, you get my tedious thought processes along the way. 

Anyway, after I sprung out of bed, I got through the tedious car journey and spent a tedious morning watching the tedious football team I support undertake a tedious 'open' training session, where the supporters can watch said tedious training session. It's at this point, I need to point out to any reader who must be completely mad to still be reading this drivel, that there is absolutely no way that this tedious morning's 'entertainment' was in any way my idea. Thanks, son. 

All in all the fatigue monster kept itself at bay all day, despite many opportunities to show itself. So much so, in fact, I was still wide awake when I took myself to bed at gone one in the morning. That's something like 20 hours! My fatigue is now back to its pre Christmas levels where I was able to do things like get out of bed before lunchtime without feeling like a zombie all day. 

I still get tired easily, but I'm not getting so much of the physical effects that fatigue does to my body. 

Happy Friday,


No comments:

Post a Comment