Wednesday 28 November 2012

Week 11 - 28.11.12

It has been almost 12 weeks since I started taking Gilenya and I am happy to inform anyone reading this who may be contemplating trying the drug, that I have not experienced any side effects whatsoever.

Over the 3 months there have been ups and downs with my illness, but nothing more than the usual stuff. I have had a torrid 6 months. I spent 3 weeks in hospital after I fell over and broke my arm; I've suffered a relapse not long after my release from hospital. Also I was involved in a car accident recently where my car got written off. All of these incidents do have an effect on an MSers well being.

There have been a few changes over the last week though. Positive changes. Improvements, no less.

My fatigue feels better. I feel a lot more alert - Until the amitriptyline kicks in, in the evening, that is!

I've also been more regular in the bowels department. I never suffered with constipation before I got diagnosed with MS, but it's been a bit shitty since. Pun intended.

I've had control of my bladder since I was taught intermittent self catheterisation, but I have been holding onto it for longer and I am catheterising 4 times a day instead of 6. It's a piece of piss! Two puns in one blog. You are a lucky lot (person).

That's my observations of late noted. Lets hope things continue to improve and I can say that it definitely is the Gilenya. That would be happy days.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment