Saturday 15 December 2012

Week 14. - 15.12.12

I was at Southend hospital last week having my 3 month liver function test. That is basically giving blood. I don't know what they will do with it - they're obviously looking to see if something is present, (or missing) would be my guess, but what do I know? I'm not a scientist. I did ask the nurse, but her reply was as clear as mud - they were looking for any abnormalities. I guessed that much and needn't have bothered asking.

I don't know if I have already said, but when I wee, I self catheterise. I'm sure I have, but my memory is pretty crap these days. I can't blame it on my illness, because it always was quite bad, but now Ive got the perfect excuse to be lazy and not bother trying to remember things.

Where was I? Oh yeah, my waterworks. I've been performing intermittent self catheterisation for a couple of years. I do it this way every time I go. I use 6 or 7 catheters every time I go (unless I am out on the beer, and then it's 8-10!). 180 will last me just under a month, but over the last ten days, I've only been using 4 daily. I am taking in the same amounts of fluid each day - if not more in a bid to prove I can retain it better. I am passing more urine when I do go, so that means my ability to hold onto my bladder has improved. I think it's the Gilenya. What else could it be?

If the Gilenya is starting to take effect - and I firmly believe it is. Why is my ability to walk deteriorating so rapidly? I am struggling so much at the moment.

I am really looking forward to the new year. Starting off afresh. Close the chapter on this awful year I've had and get thinking positively again.

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Interesting looking blog, will put it on my favourites.

    Have you seen the website www.aid4disabled.com. I am the webmaster and have SPMS and had to stop work. You might find some interesting articles. Join the email weekly subscription

    ReplyDelete