Friday 21 December 2012

Week 15

My Gilenya turned up on Monday. It was delivered bang on time by Dave W again just like the text said he would. Thanks, Dave W, I could set the clocks by you! *makes mental note to ask Dave W what the W is short for* Will he tell me? I don't know, his surname is none of my business, so we'll just have to wait and see. Although Don't lose sleep with excitement over this potential revelation as I will probably forget by February.

They deliver two months supply at a time, and when it arrives, I still have two weeks leftover from the last delivery. This gives them 14 days grace, should there ever be a distribution issue, although I am absolutely certain that should this situation arise, the delay will have nothing to do with Dave W. Oh no.

My fatigue is at an absolute minimum, which is fantastic. I did mention it to my consultant at my recent clinic appointment. I asked if she thought it was the Gilenya, but she didn't know. So then I asked if it could be the 'Placebo affect', and again, she sat on the fence! For what it's worth, I think it is.

The placebo effect, by the way, got its name from when people on trials were given either the actual drug or a placebo without knowing what they were given. Statistics show that the people not given the drug did actually improve slightly because they believed they had been given the drug and it was working.

Positive thinking can go a long way. A bit of food for thought to end on there.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Dan


2 comments:

  1. Nice positive end to the year Dan. I do enjoy reading your blogs.
    See you tomorrow. Err mine's a lager n lime. Hashtag Ohtheshame

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to be back on my feet in no time. Lager and lime, you say? Would you like it in a wine glass to?

    ReplyDelete