Thursday 24 January 2013

Week 20

Going back to what I was saying last week about my minimal fatigue, there is one other thing I was going to tell you, but I forgot. Don't blame me, I've got MS.

I was taking Vitamin B12 tablets to help me manage my fatigue. They were helping a marginal amount. Not a massive amount, but for what they cost, it was worth taking them. Obviously, as my fatigue started improving, I decided to lay off them and see if I noticed any dip in my newly discovered alertness. I was nearing the end of the bottle anyway, so I decided to not get anymore for a while and see how I got on. I am happy to report that I have noticed no change with my fatigue at all. So all good news there then. And that's two less tablets I take each day as well. Good good.

I know that some GPs give out monthly vitamin B12 injections. I had told myself that I was going to ask my doctor about it the next time I was round there. Notice that was all in the past tense? I don't need to now. I still will though. Why not? For all I know, I might even be able to get out of bed before 9 o'clock in the morning without an alarm!! I'll let you know.

Before my legs gave up on me, I used to work in London. I had to be there at 7AM, so as I live about 50 miles to the east of the city in sunny Southend, it meant getting up a quarter to five - or quarter past after I'd hit the 'snooze' button umpteen times. Snoozing apart, I had no real problem getting up at this unearthly hour, but now, I would only get up that early if I had wet the bed! Fortunately, that is one symptom I don't have to endure, as I empty my bladder completely, thanks to the 'Speedicath Compact Male Catheter by Coloplast'I should get some fees for endorsing their product, don't you think? I did do an advert for them a year of two ago. If I remember, I'll put a link to it up at the bottom of the page.

I've been keeping a record of my falls recently - yeah I know, I've got too much time on my hands! Since the start of the year, I've only had 4 falls. Only, You're thinking, right? Well, coming from someone who was practically falling over every when I came out of hospital in July, I'm quite happy with that. You can even class one of them as not counting, as it was the Guinness that made me fall over.

I'm not putting this down to the Gilenya though. I've got a daily (mostly) exercise routine involving, core stability, leg strengthening and ones for my broken arm.

Regards,
Dan

http://www.coloplast.co.uk/products/continencecare/speedicathcompactmalepl2/todomore/

The link plays the video on my laptop, but not on my phone, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment