Friday 26 July 2013

Week 46

I feel like I have been banging on about a host of other stuff recently and not talking about Gilenya. Gilenya is stable, so I am afraid I won't be talking much about it, so please feel free to push that 'X' in the top right hand corner of your browser window, if you don't want to hear my inane ramblings about the next thing that enters my head. 

You still here? Well you have been warned!

I think I am starting to get optic neuritis. It is a common symptom of MS, and I suppose I am 'lucky' to have not had this problem previously in the seven years that I've officially had this bloody illness. 

I've noticed recently (7 days)  that when I focus on a certain point, it isn't instant and it feels like my eyeballs are rattling about inside my head until they get to where they're meant to be. This all happens in a split second and then they are fine again. I have been getting a fair bit of pain behind them too. No double vision yet. 

I don't know if this is the start of something or if it is down to this heat? Yeah, yeah 'I'm in denial' you're saying to your device right now. The thing is though, they are completely fine right now (21:45) and have been for hours - just like every day. When it's hot - forget it. When it's cooler, they are fine. It means I'm not driving at the moment and if it isn't a heat issue, then the car will be getting the Spanish archer (El Bow) Geddit? I'll hang onto the car until cooler weather and hopefully there'll be no further problems. I'll just have to wait and see. Only filled the tank up the other day. That was a waste of 80 quid! Still on a positive note, the fridge is rammed full of Stella. See my glass is half full! Hypothetically speaking, that is. In reality, mine is empty... 

*gets another beer from the fridge*

I looked into the drugs that are going to be used it that secondary progressive trial I spoke about last week and they're all tried and tested medicines. They're called ibudilast, riluzole and amiloride and are currently being used on ailments such as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (dunno either), hypertension, asthma, stroke and heart failure. 

I've probably bored you enough about non-Gilenya matters, so I'm off. 

Happy Friday,

Dan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment