Friday 18 October 2013

Week 58

spoke last week about my appointment with an ophthalmologist who had absolutely no idea why I was there. I also said my eyes were given a clean bill of health (ish). What I never said, is that the eye doctor said that she was going to to arrange for me to go back and have a 'Visual Fields' test. 

What is a Visual Fields test, you could be wondering? This time, it is me who has 'absolutely no idea' about what this Visual Field test is, but fear not, I shall endeavour to find out what it involves before I publish this diary entry. 

All of these eye tests I've already had had told me one thing - I need glasses. I've known that for a while now, if truth be told. I'll have to 'bite the bullet'' and go and see an optician. 

Wikipedia has very kindly informed me that a visual field test is an eye examination that can detect dysfunction in central and peripheral vision which may be caused by various medical conditions such as glaucoma, stroke, brain tumours or other neurological deficits. Visual field testing can be performed clinically by keeping the subject's gaze fixed while presenting objects at various places within their visual field. Kind of obvious really, eh?

I got the letter with the appointment date, it's on my son's birthday, in November, so that won't be happening then   It'll probably the new year before I get this test now, but to be honest, my concerns have passed, so  I'm seeing it as a routine check up. I shouldn't have said that, should I? No 'eye' puns here.

Stay well. 

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment