Friday 1 November 2013

Week 60

I didn't do a blog on Gilenya last week as I didn't have anything new, or of interest for you. I haven't got much more this week to be honest. I wouldn't blame you if you switched off right now. 

A few weeks ago, I renamed this blog. It's now called Pills, Thrills and NO bellyaches. This is referring to the complete lack of side effects I've had (not complaining) since I've been on this medication. See, I said you should've hit that red X in the top right hand corner of the device you're reading this borefest on. 

The last time I looked at my blog statistics, it had  9997 page views. That means that one of you reading this right now is the ten thousandth site visitor. I'm sorry, but there ain't not no prizes or nothing (how many negatives in that apology?) but you can rest assured knowing that I very much appreciate the thought that people do read this rubbish I spout most weeks. 

I hope that my documented side effect free year on Gilenya has helped to alleviate any concerns, fears even, about switching from a time consuming and possibly painful disease modifying treatment to the simple daily tablet. Gilenya does have side effects, but don't ask me, I don't know anything about them. 

Oh, I nearly forgot, I have had a side effect - regular bowels. Add that to the most minimal fatigue I've had in years and better bladder control, I can't see why anybody wouldn't want to stop regularly injecting themselves and pop a pill. 

Happy Friday. 

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment