Friday 22 November 2013

Week 63

I've had a pretty good week compared to most of last week. My MS feels pretty stable. I've only had one fall since I last wrote, so Dan's a happy man. 

Having said that, my fatigue has been present for the last few days. Nowhere near the Pre-Gilenya levels, but it was there nevertheless. The reduction in fatigue is probably my greatest asset (that's not the right word, but you get me) I've gained since taking the medication. 

I didn't wake up this morning until gone 11 o'clock, which is a sign that something isn't quite right. I didn't go to bed late, it was about half past eleven, so a solid 12 hours sleep is a lot more than my body usually needs. I usually sleep right through the night without needing to get up and use the toilet too. 

I do believe that too much sleep is worse for my MS than not enough. If I don't have enough sleep, I spend the day feeling lethargic (kind of stating the obvious there) and I might need to have '40 winks' in the afternoon. But when I'm mobile, my body largely does what I want it to. Compare this to when I have too much sleep and when I get up in the morning, my legs are rigid, and the rest of my body is limp. My balance is non existent, so sitting on the edge of the bed can be troublesome. 

That's how I managed my fall recently. It wasn't a fall as such, but I ended up on the floor, so it counts. I was sitting on the edge of the bed and I couldn't bend my knees, so I just slid down onto the floor. It's like my body seizes up if it is motionless for longer than it should be. 

Unfortunately getting off the floor is far more troublesome than getting onto it!

Happy weekend. 

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment