Friday 6 December 2013

Week 65

So what happened to last week's blog, you (probably don't) want to know? Well, I fell off my mobility scooter, head butted the road and gave myself concussion. When I got home, I was too confused to work out how to open my front door (that simple task took me 5 minutes). I could hardly put a coherent sentence together, let alone write a blog! I had flashing lights in front of my eyes anyway, so I have the perfect excuse for not bothering!

I had been to my local mobility shop to order a part I needed for my scooter. Afterwards I made my way back home. I wasn't 20 feet from the shop front door and my scooter just stopped. I had charged the battery the previous night, so I guessed it was something pretty serious. How's that for luck though? Of all the places to break down, it is directly outside a shop that fixes and sells mobility scooters. I think you'll agree, this story has a whiff of irony to it. Is it whiff or wiff? I've never written that word before. Probably should've just said 'smells of irony' and saved all this drivel. I still could, I only have to delete all this as far as the word 'it' and just be done with. I more than likely won't though. I quite like to share my thought processes at the time I am writing. Note to self: You're typing, not writing. 

Anyway, the shop very kindly loaned me one of their scooters and took my one in for repair. I carried off on my journey back home, unhappy that I had an impending bill to pay on the wrong side of Christmas, but relieved at the point that my wheels chose to stop. I had only been talking about my breakdown plans to the bloke in the shop 5 minutes previous. 

Rochford is an old town - it's practically a village - and the pavements are just as old (obviously)
I'm bombing along on the pavement and it's a bit uneven and I bump myself onto the edge of the kerb. The front wheel on the left goes over the edge and that's my lot, I tip into the road. Fortunately (expressed with sarcasm) my head broke the fall. I was shaken and concussed, but no real harm done. It's a busy road. 5 seconds either way and I would've had a head as flat as a pan...pan...panini. 

If there's a lesson to be learnt from this adventure, it's don't leave writing this till Thursday afternoon (like I am right now), oh! 

I'll talk about Gilenya next week, I promise. 

Happy weekend,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment