Saturday 28 December 2013

Week 68

hope you all, like me had a very merry Christmas. I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's all over now. What do you mean it's still Christmas? 

My Gilenya never turned up the other day. It was due last Monday, which isn't a problem as I always have a two week surplus when my bi-monthly delivery arrives. I usually get 56 tablets, but last month they sent me just a month's supply with a delivery schedule showing my deliveries a month apart (4 weeks to be precise). The system never got updated, so although the letter and the amount of meds with it said otherwise, they thought I was still on a two monthly delivery schedule. It's all sorted now though. They delivered some more on Christmas Eve. My God, that was boring, wasn't it? Sorry. 

I shared my mobility scooter escapades with you the other week. Since then, I have been given the 'marvellous' news that my wheels are a write off.  " Bollocks!", I replied to my phone when given the news. I have, however, got a happy ending to the story. The owner of the shop that had my now deceased scooter offered to sell me one of theirs for £400. I went to have a look and it is the same make as the one that has gone to silicon heaven. It is bigger, has a greater battery life and is MUCH more comfortable than its predecessor. It is second hand - hence its ridiculously cheap price tag, but it has hardly been used. No tread has worn on the tyres, and if you were to buy one brand new, it would set you back £2000. Having to shell out four hundred quid that side of Christmas certainly wasn't  ideal, but what a bargain! I'm well chuffed. 

My illness seems pretty stable at present. A few niggling issues, but there always is, eh?

The fact that I wasn't given the secondary progressive diagnosis means they won't be withdrawing Gilenya just yet. 

Have a very merry new year, all. I will be. 

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment