Friday 8 November 2013

Week 61

haven't mentioned my fatigue for a while. The reason being, I haven't had any. None at all. 

The dreaded dark cloud came back and bit me firmly on the bum yesterday. I've still got it today (Thursday). My whole body feels really weak. So much so, I fell over yesterday. I had a fair bit of difficulty getting back up again. I managed to though. I always do. Well I'd be writing this laying on the floor if I hadn't!

I'm having a day off my legs today. I think I'll use my wheelchair when I go to the 'battleship' (pub) with friends later. We're supposed to be going out for lunch, but I've eaten already, so I think I'll just hit the Guinness instead. Well, why not? It's good for you. It's got iron in it! It also helps you with the psychological battle against MS. When I probably fall over later, I will dismiss MS and put it down to alcohol *pulls smiley face*

I was talking about fatigue, but (as usual) I managed to distract myself, and go off in tangents, culminating in me banging on about my impending exploits with alcohol. 

Staying OFF topic, I am pleased to announce that a lot of alcoholic drinks don't have an adverse effect on my bladder. Fizzy beer does, and cider, but I can drink copious amounts of the 'black stuff' without the urge to wee all the time. The same goes for Jack Daniel's, red wine and believe it or not, vodka and Red Bull. Caffeine AND alcohol in the same glass. Seriously? Now that really doesn't make any sense. 

I'm not condoning alcohol, it should drank responsibly (yeah right), but having MS can cause problems when drinking. I know a few MSers that steer clear of it because of the urgency and regularity created by an alcohol induced irritable bladder. My bladder is over active anyway, although since I started self catheterising, I am now able to hold onto my bladder for a lot longer than when I didn't. 

Anyway, fatigue. I think an early night and a long lay in is required. MS is winning today, as it did yesterday. Tomorrow is another day. 

Stay well, people. 

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment