Friday 10 January 2014

Week 70

took over the Shift MS Twitter account last weekend. It was a very enjoyable experience; it was good fun and I met some MSers that I can have a laugh with. When I say 'met', you know what I mean. I have been asked if I would like to do it again in a few months. Of course I said yes. 

The Gilenya is ticking over okay. There really isn't any change from last week, so this blog is going to be a lot shorter than it usually is. I like to keep them short and sweet because, firstly, there isn't much change in what the benefits or problems (none) I get from the treatment on a week by week basis; I feel like they are pretty repetitive as it is - read one of my blogs and you've read them all! Secondly, I believe that if a blog goes on too much, the reader will lose interest. Let's be honest here, I doubt anyone is still reading this by this point. If I was reading this, I'm quite sure I would've given it the sack by now. 

I do read quite a few other blogs. Mainly ones by people with MS. I find it interesting what other people say and think, but I do have a low concentration span, so I've a habit of skimming through them after the first couple of pages. It's not my fault, I've got MS!

All jokes aside, I never had this problem before I had this illness. I used to work in London, and it's an hour's train ride away from the Costa del Southend, so when I wasn't sleeping, I was reading. I'd get through a book in a week, if not more if I had one I couldn't put down. 

The book I'm reading at the moment, I've been reading for 3 or 4 months now. Seriously. I just cannot pick it up. It would be a really good book too. It isn't anything to do with the author, or the story either. It was the same with the last 2 books I read too. It must be a year since I read an entire book. Ha, listen to me, I make it sound like I'm trying to move mountains, or something. 

I resolved to stop falling over and to stop swearing on New Year's Eve. I've done both twice in the  9 days since I declared my abstinence. I'm relatively content with these stats. I've got an excuse for the profanities. Actually I haven't, I've got a reason though. My football team has conceded 11 goals in a two game period that has seen us knocked out of two cup competitions. Bollocks! That doesn't count because I didn't say it out loud. 

The falls can't be helped, but I can make sure to listen to my body more. Both falls could've been avoided in all honesty. I feel my legs weak, I'm low on energy, so I tell myself 'I'll just finish doing (insert the chore of your choice here) and I'll sit down'. This is when I just slump to the floor and that's when the aggravation starts. Now I've stopped that and when my legs tell me to stop, I don't tell them "In a minute", I stop. 

Happy Friday, people. 

Dan



No comments:

Post a Comment