Friday 24 January 2014

Week 72

didn't do a blog last week because I didn't feel like I had anything new to say about Gilenya and as my blogs of late seem to me to be getting pretty repetitive anyway, I decided not to put you through the misery of reading the same recycled rubbish again. 

Over this last week though, hindsight smacked me right between the eyes as it struck me (pun intended) that there is something I should have been sharing. 

One of the improvements I observed after starting Gilenya was a massive improvement in my fatigue. It was after 3-4 months on the treatment that it happened. It's stayed this way too - with the odd fatigued day or two, here and there. If I had a busy day (by my standards), I would get the fatigue of old, but a lay down on the bed for half an hour or so was often all it took for the 'head mist" and muscle tiredness to subside. 

I have already mentioned that fatigue seems to be creeping back on slightly more and more frequent occasions. Well, I feel like I've had it practically every day for the last two weeks. Not the best start to the new year, eh? I fall asleep after lunch practically every day. Before Gilenya, I used to go and sleep on the bed for a couple of hours after lunch every day and even then I'd still feel pretty crap the rest of the afternoon, until finally coming round in the evening. It would often feel like I've wasted the day. 

Getting out of bed in the morning is becoming increasingly difficult. I have to set my alarm for nine o'clock and I'm hitting snooze for an hour. Today (Wednesday), I didn't get out of bed till midday!

When I look back, I could say it's been on the up since Christmas. Christmas is traditionally a busy time of year, as any parent to two young children will agree. Christmas is the time of year were we all eat too much and drink too much too. Come on, admit it, you're nodding in agreement, aren't you. Obviously I've got no right to categorise everybody this way by saying 'we all'  but I bet there's quite a few nodders out there. 

So this blog finishes with questions, not answers, I'm afraid. Is my fatigue on its way back? Does this mean the Gilenya is losing its effectiveness? Has my body built up neutralising antibodies towards Gilenya? Or is it some kind of MS 'hangover' from the  food and alcohol indulgences over the Christmas period? Who knows? 

My life is a bit stressful at present, and I know that isn't helping. 

I apologise about such a melancholic diary entry, but this blog isn't just about the good things about Gilenya. It is about a bloke who takes the drug and how he feels, good and bad. 

Have fun this weekend,

Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment