Thursday 6 September 2012

Day 2. The morning after - 6.9.12

Hi all,

I forgot to say yesterday that whilst I was at the hospital, it got confirmed that I am currently in a relapse. My recent MRI scan shows active lesions on my immune system. Positives to be taken from this: I am still classed as relapsing remitting MS - I have believed I had turned secondary progressive; I have been offered steroids to help speed up the recovery; and this shit I've been feeling is not what I had feared I had progressed to.

Enough of that, since my first dose of Fingolimod, I haven't experienced any side effects whatsoever - yeah, yeah, he's only been on it for a day, you're thinking, but I am trying to be positive here. I took my second dose this morning, and again, no side effects yet.

I don't know what to expect in way of side effects as I'm taking this drug 'blinded'. I have deliberately avoided researching it or reading other users blogs. When I first got diagnosed with MS I nearly overdosed on all the information about it on the web. The same with Rebif, and more recently Tysabri. I know how it works and what it does, but other than that? Nothing, what will be, will be.

Kind regards'

Dan

Ps
I can't believe what a mong I looked in that photo I took of myself in hospital yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment