Monday 10 September 2012

Day 5. No news is good news - 10.9.12

Dear somebody,

Well this blog could be on the verge of becoming a damp squib.I've been on Fingolimod for 5 days and the plan was to catalogue any noticeable changes. I doubt I will feel any positive effects - I can sit back content that my white blood cells are being kept away from my nervous system, but that's about it.

On the side effects front, there are none - which is good, right? It's still early days, I know, but so far it's all good good.

When I was at the hospital for my first dose of Fingolimod, it came in a box with the price of £40.95 on it for the tablet. Now over 365 days, it comes in at a total of a few quid short of 15 grand a year! This is very similar to Tysabri, but all this is, is a tablet! I think Novartis are maximising the ability to re-coop their research costs. Fair enough, though.

Hopefully the next time I write, I'll have something worthwhile to say. No, hang on, no news is good news.

Regards,

Dan

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Ialso have MS and it sucks. I take Interferom injections and sticking myself is getting pretty old. I wish I could take Fingolimond, but like usual in my lovely state of Indiana,US My inssurance doesn't cover it.(you would think they would throw us poor folks a bone lol) I'll be anticipating your daily blogs Dan..Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. On this side of the pond, we get offered interferons as a first line of defence against this wretched illness.

      Fingolimod is a more aggressive disease modifying drug and is offered only if your interferons aren't working. With me they didn't - crap!

      I hope my blog remains uninteresting, due to no problems arising. Happy reading.

      Delete