Friday 14 September 2012

Day 10. Double figures - 14.9.12

Hi nobody,

I've lost count how many days I've been taking Fingolimod. [Hang on a second] 10 days!

I've been taking Fingolimod for 10 days now. I take most of my meds first thing in the morning. I still have no news to report in the way of side effects, but I feel there are one or two things that I should make a note of.

I seem to be getting up every night to use the toilet - twice last night. Certainly not an issue of any importance, but worth a mention as I had been lucky enough to sleep through the night without the need to wee.

There is one issue I have though. As well as starting the new drug, I recently started taking magnesium citrate, so I have absolutely no idea if it is Fingolimod or the magnesium that is causing my night time 'pit stops'. Or if it is even a coincidence. This means I am going to lay off the magnesium for a month so I can assess any changes I notice on Fingolimod.

With hindsight it was a stupid idea to try something else when I had just started a new drug, but that's me, I'm afraid.

One change I noticed when on the magnesium though, is my bowels are a lot more regular - every day. I know this IS the magnesium, as I've heard plenty of MSers say this in the past.

Lets see how we get on now.

Regards,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment