Wednesday 12 September 2012

Day 8. One week on - 12.9.12

Dear reader?

I think I should explain the name of this blog to you. In the late 80s when I was just starting my young and disillusioned teenage years, I was a fan of an Indie band from Manchester called the Happy Mondays. If you hear it now, most would think them terrible, but they were great back in the day. Anyway, they did an album called 'Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches', and I've nicked the name. So that's it, boring, but now you know.

All's quiet on the Fingolimod front. I've been taking the drug for a week now. There is something I am going to mention. I know it sounds, almost pedantic, but this blog is all about any noticeable changes, so are you ready for it? Here it comes... I had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet! Two days running! I know, hold the front page!

It may sound silly, but since I started self-catheterising before I go to bed, I never wake up in the night with a mad dash to the loo. That's it though.

I feel much better now I have finished the steroids. I'm back on my feet again and getting on with an exercise regime to keep me on them.

I've got my hands on some Magnesium Citrate. Magnesium is a very diverse vitamin. It has many properties, and one of them is that it helps with spasticity - stiffness. You have to get the right type and the dose that works best for you, so it is a bit of trial and error. I tried it for my overactive bladder earlier on in the year, but it wasn't as good as the Oxybutynin that I was taking, so I stopped. Hopefully I will be able to get off Baclofen if it helps my stiff legs. I have heard some real horror stories about Baclofen.

Yes I know, research can be bad for your health!

Kind regards,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment